Sunday, March 10, 2013

Apple Cider Vinegar recipes

When I posted about the Health benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar I also promised to share a few recipes.
Chamomile Tincture Kit

Did you know that you can make your own herbal remedy Tinctures using ACV?  YES!  The tincture has a shorter shelf-live than using alcohol as a menstruum but it's great for people who avoid alcohol or for children.
Chamomile tincture is great for tummy aches and trouble sleeping!

Before I forget...Be sure to stop by  
The Self Sufficient HomeAcre and Black Fox Homestead this Monday (tomorrow) for a fantastic giveaway from Mary's Heirloom Seeds! 

On to the recipes!
My absolute favorite is Apple Cider Viniagrette dressing.  Delicious!
You can also drink different concoctions.  Check these out!


ACV drink
ACV Tea
Ingredients

2 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp honey
1-2 cups water

Directions

1. Boil the water in a jug.
2. While this is boiling, add the first two ingredients to a mug.
3. Pour the water into the mug to fill it, and stir until disolved.
Drink up! Great in winter. Makes 1 mugful as a serving.

The recipe below is one of my favorites.  It's nice and sweet so the APC is disguised.  I don't drink the very often because of the juice but it's nice on a hot sunny day out in the garden.

Sweetened ACV Elixer

1 1/2 cup of cold filtered water

2 tbs of apple or grape juice

2 tbs of raw apple cider vineger
1/2 tsp of cinnamon
1/2 tsp of stevia (powdered) if using liquid you only need a few drops.
Place all the ingredients together in a glass and stir until it is all mixed together. You can add a little ice if you like, and drink!
 
 

Did you see my call to Homesteaders, Gardeners and Eco-Conscience People/Bloggers/Wannabes??
Email me if you're interested
mari_backtonature@yahoo.com

8 comments:

mail4rosey said...

I just got a big bottle of apple cider vinegar today.

I'm visiting today from the Harvest of Friends Hop. :)

Heavenly Bodies said...

I know how good this is for you, and have some, but I must admit I am a little squeamish about taking it due to the taste. Think I will use one of your recipes, thanks.

Elle Sees said...

i need to get back on this. currently battling pneumonia....no need to reply to my comment via email. id' rather you visit instead. i have DIY beauty products!

With A Blast said...

Pinned ! I know these recipes will come in handy :-) Thank you for linking at the ALL MY BLOGGY FRIENDS party !

Helen @ Blue Eyed Beauty Blog said...

I love apple cider vinegar! I use it in a lot of things, but this is some new stuff I hadn't thought of yet! Visiting via I Gotta Try That.

Helen
Blue Eyed Beauty Blog

Dawn said...

THanks for joining us at In and Out of the Kitchen Link Up Party.
Love ACV and it is good for so many things.

Lisa Lynn said...

Great idea! Thanks for sharing the news about the giveaway!Thanks for sharing this on The Creative HomeAcre Hop! Hope to see you this Sunday at:
http://www.theselfsufficienthomeacre.com/2013/03/the-creative-homeacre-hop-7.html

Katherines Corner said...

I think I need this right now. Thank you for sharing your lovely blog at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop xo