Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Grow Your Own!

Just popping by to remind you that SPRING is officially here March 20th...
7 days and counting!!!
Here's a picture of my Pak Choy cabbage!


Whether you just want herbs, a few tomatoes or an entire years worth of food, get out and get growing!
I have a few links that might help you get started:

Growing from Seed page

Companion Planting

Container Garden

Region-Specific Growing

Seed Starting

Mary's Heirloom Seeds

We say NO to GMOs!  Read the WHY.

PLUS, there is an Heirloom Seeds GIVEAWAY going on over at The Self Sufficient HomeAcre and Black Fox Homestead


If you have questions about what grows best in your area or varieties to grow that might be easier for beginners please send me an email!

mari_backtonature@yahoo.com

AND...Did you read
Calling Homesteaders, Gardeners and Eco-Coscience 
People/Bloggers/Wannabes" ?
Check out the post and send me an email if you're interested!



The response so far has been good!  There is still time to get involved.  I hope to announce the participants next Monday.
Heirloom Seed Packs just in time for SPRING!!!


Linking up at Wildcrafting Wednesday , The HomeAcre Hop , Farmgirl Friday , LHITS and HERE.

15 comments:

Helen @ Blue Eyed Beauty Blog said...

Just wanted to let you know that I gave your blog a shout out today on the post Wednesday Weekly Review #21! (http://blueeyedbeautyblogg.blogspot.com/2013/03/wednesday-weekly-review-21.html)

Helen
Blue Eyed Beauty Blog

mail4rosey said...

Hurray that Spring is coming, I for one cannot wait!

Unknown said...

My dad loves gardening =D

Thank you so much for linking up with Friday Chaos.
Be sure to come back again this week & let us know if you would like to co host

Lotte xo
http://www.bericebaby.co.uk

Bonnie said...

Just got back from IFA and the garden store to buy seeds for starting. I'm off to check out some of your links.

Cranberry Morning said...

I can't wait 'til I can see something besides white on the ground! Thanks for reminding me, I need to get my seeds planted indoors this week or next!

Michelle O said...

Cannot wait to plant something this year - your pak choy are looking good :D

Thank you for sharing this at Cook, Craft, Create!

Michelle xx

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to break the soil! Blog hopping from Katherine's Corner - have a great weekend!

Jenn said...

I can't wait to plant some herbs!

Jennifer at Purposeful Nutrition said...

Yes, can't wait until spring. Thanks for posting at Wildcrafting WEdnesday.
Jennifer

Leslie Anne Tarabella said...

Now following your blog - and also your progress in the garden!

Clint Baker said...

Such a great thing!

http://theredeemedgardener.blogspot.com

Lanaya | Raising Reagan said...

So excited about Spring!!

Thank you for linking to Raising Imperfection.
Please come back Friday to see if you were featured. :)

¤´¨)
¸.•*´
(¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
www.raising-reagan.com

Leslie @ Violet Imperfection said...

I can't wait for spring and warmer weather! I think I am going to try my hand at a container garden this year.

Thank you for linking up to Raising Imperfection!
Make sure to check back on Friday to see if you were featured.
Leslie

Unknown said...

I can't wait for Spring! I built my first raised bed and was ready to plant some lettuce and then it snowed!

Thank you for linking up to the In and Out of the Kitchen link party. I always love seeing what you bring!

Cynthia at http://FeedingBig.com

Lisa Lynn said...

Hi Mary!
Thanks for sharing you resources! Our seed giveaway ends on Wednesday evening!

Thanks for sharing this on The Creative HomeAcre Hop! Hope to see your next project tomorrow at:
http://www.theselfsufficienthomeacre.com/2013/03/the-creative-homeacre-hop-8.html