But wait...before we get to the party there's a last minute facebook giveaway for FREE heirloom seed packs from Mary's Heirloom Seeds. Ends July 21st at midnight. JUST in time for Fall Garden planning!
If you're not sure why heirlooms are the ONLY seeds to plant...Read here and here.
Why say no to GMOs here , here and here. Seriously!
And just in case you've been hiding under a rock...
Our 7-Day Real Food Challenge starts TODAY at Mary's Kitchen!
Did someone say party?
Welcome to the New and Improved Blog Hop!Formerly The Creative HomeAcre, this blog hop has undergone a few changes. We sadly say goodbye to two of our hosts, Manuela and Andrea. We wish them the best of luck with their wonderful blogs and hope you will continue to visit them.
But not all of the changes are sad! After careful consideration, all of the hosts felt some changes were in order to improve and update this fun party. Since my other blog, The Self Sufficient HomeAcre is dedicated more to homesteading and self sufficiency, I felt that the perfect place to host our creative hop would be right here on Little Homestead on the Hill! The new hop name is the perfect fit for all of your wonderful posts on creative homemaking and gardening. :) We would love to continue reading your awesome homesteading posts on The HomeAcre Hop on Thursdays, so please keep 'em coming!
The Creative Home & Garden Hop hosts:Alison from Mumtopia
Kathy from Creative Home Expressions
Mary from Back to the Basics and Mary’s Kitchen
and Lisa from Little Homestead on the Hill
Featured PostsEach host will share her own features each week. This means you have an even better chance of being picked! Be sure to visit all of our hosts to see if your post was featured!
There will only be ONE featured on my blog this week. If you click on only ONE link today PLEASE read this article.
FOOD: Perhaps the Most Important social justice issue of our time
From her post:
When you realize that Monsanto patented seed and farming practices are ruining the soil in India, causing the land to literally reject the growing of food; when you realize that farmers in India–who formerly could support their families–are now committing suicide almost en masse because they are so indebted to a big corporation who will not even allow them to save their seeds and feed their children; when you see entire dead zones of land that will no longer produce food; when whole crops fail putting entire communities, countries or continents on the brink of starvation; when farmers in Third World Countries are growing mono-crops to ship to the US because we insist that we have tomatoes in January and pears in June and bananas year around without fail and these farmers cannot feed their own families;
If you were featured, feel free to grab the button and share it on your blog!
<div align="center"><a href="http://littlehomesteadonthehill.blogspot.com/" title="The Little Homestead on the Hill"><img src="http://www.theselfsufficienthomeacre.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/featured-e1374073492382.jpg" alt="The Little Homestead on the Hill" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
Now, on to your latest creations!
- Share up to 3 of your Creative Home and Garden posts. Etsy sellers are welcome to share here too.
- Please link back to the hop in your post. If you don’t take a couple of seconds to do this, you won’t be featured. You can grab our cute button or use a text link in your post. Thanks for sharing the hop with others!
- Pretty please, with cherries on top, go visit as many of the other bloggers posting as you can! The whole point of a hop is to build a community of like minded bloggers who share and support each other. We all love to hear from our visitors, so please leave thoughtful and kind comments when you visit!
- Link your posts once. Please do not link the same post you linked last week! Let’s keep it fresh and fun!
- By linking your posts here you are assuring us that all images and contents are your own, or you have permission to share them. You are also agreeing to let us share your post and images on social media and our blogs.
- Happy hopping!
<div align="center"><a href="http://littlehomesteadonthehill.blogspot.com/" title="Little Homestead on the Hill"><img src="http://www.theselfsufficienthomeacre.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/IMG_7782-001-e1374069167884.jpg" alt="Little Homestead on the Hill" style="border:none;" /></a></div>