Monday, April 15, 2013

Monsanto Corn causes Tumors - Study

You read that right!  An article posted in September 2012 from a French study "published in Food and Chemical Toxicology has found that rats fed a regular diet of Monsanto corn or exposed to Roundup, Monsanto’s top-selling weedkiller, were more likely to develop tumors, suffer organ damage and die sooner."


 From the same article,
"In a news conference, Gilles-Eric Seralini of the University of Caen announced that 50 percent of male rats and 70 percent of female rats fed Monsanto’s corn and weedkiller died prematurely, compared to only 30 percent and 20 percent in the control group, Reuters reported. However, researchers not involved in the study were critical of the Seralini’s methods, and cautioned that it is too early to draw conclusions about the safety of GM crops, Reuters later reported.
In a joint statement, French government officials said that they are asking the National Agency for Health Safety (ANSES) to investigate the latest finding. “Depending on ANSES’s opinion, the government will urge the European authorities to take all necessary measures to protect human and animal health,” they told Agence France-Presse."


I understand that the are are many differing opinions on the subject of GE (genetically engineered) foods.  
Ask yourself this questions: "If GE foods are so wonderful, why did Monsanto spend over 4 million dollars against the label-it campaign?"

Do you know which company created Agent Orange in the 1960s-70s?
Answer: Dow Chemical (Monsanto)  

Do you know who made Aspartame so widely used?
Answer: Monsanto
Aspartame has been called the most dangerous substance on the market added to food.   


 Don't even get me started on RGBh, a chemical given to cows to increase milk production that causes cancer in the consumer.  
Read The Dark Side of Food and Food Production for more details. 

Growing your own using heirloom, non-gmo seeds will ensure a healthy product and a healthier future.  This article is not to scare you but to get you motivated.  NOW is the time to learn to grow food or even expand your garden.  Share your experience with a friend.  My sister hosted an "Heirloom Seed Planting Party" over the weekend.  The kids looked like they enjoyed themselves and now more people have access to healthy, heirloom plants.
Organically grown from Heirloom Seeds: Pak Choy Cabbage
If you have additional questions about gmo versus heirloom seeds PLEASE send me an email.  If you leave a comment and are a no-reply I cannot respond! More GMO info
My email is mari_backtonature@yahoo.com  

I'll be sharing this post and several others at Tuesdays with a Twist  The HomeAcre Hop and HERE. 

8 comments:

Becca said...

Sad stuff! Makes me happy that we can grow so much ourselves though. :)
Thanks for linking up at A Humble Bumble each week!

Gail @ http://biblelovenotes.com said...

I'm just beginning to learn about GM foods, and it's so sad. My husband and I enjoyed papaya everyday on a recent trip to Hawaii only to learn afterwards that it was probably all GM. : {

Mamal Diane said...

This year I am using better seeds to start my garden. It's sad what they are doing to our food. I grow as much of my own as I can. Thanks for sharing at The Gathering Spot this week :)

With A Blast said...

We had better start growing our own veggies and fruits as much as we can. Correct labeling of food has become a major issue in SA over the last month or two. Thank you for keeping us in the loop by sharing this post at our ALL MY BLOGGY FRIENDS party !

Michelle said...

That's why I grow as much of my own food as I can . When we go home to Idaho I can't eat the beef. It makes me very ill. The doctor says I am allergic to the growth hormone they give it. It has to be a different one then what they give the cows in California,because I can eat the meat here.

JES said...

Oh this stuff is so depressing! But I appreciate the information, we already stay clear of the stuff but the idea that they are getting away with mass murder through our food supply makes me so sad… Good job on spreading the word!

Donna Wilkes said...

All the more reason to take the time to search out local farmers and use their products.

Anonymous said...

Great article the picture grabbed me I had to read it I am a gardener for the Lord and my own families health. Great article.