I found a recipe last night more out of desperation than curiosity. I've been a bit distracted lately and even with a trip to the supermarket I was out of eggs. It seems I just forgot.
It's my hubby's birthday so he got to choose what I made for dinner last night. He chose the easiest dinner (in my opinion) that I have prepared so I have made it a bunch of times. For dinner we had Chicken Tacos with cilantro, mixed greens, onions, jalapenos, sour cream, salsa and cheese. But dessert was a secret (and eggless).
I had planned on making Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies but without eggs I had to find another recipe. The eggless recipe was perfect because oatmeal raisin cookies are his second favorite cookie.
Eggless Oatmeal Coconut Cookies
1 cup All Purpose Flour
1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/8 teaspoon Salt
1 cup Shredded Coconut (I used sweetened)
1 cup Quick Cooking Oats (I used large flake)
1/2 cup Butter
3/4 cup Granulated Sugar
2 tablespoons Honey
1. Preheat the oven to 350F for 15 minutes. Butter two cookie sheets. Usually cookies baked on such dark coated sheets turn brown very quickly, so I lined it with parchment paper and then greased it with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl sift together the flour, baking soda and salt. Stir in the coconut and oats.
3. Melt the butter with the sugar and honey in a small saucepan over medium heat. Remove it from the stove and let it cool for 2 minutes.
4. Pour the melted butter mixture to the dry ingredients and mix well with a spatula.
5. Add in chocolate chips.
6. Roll into balls the size of walnuts and place 1 inch apart on the baking sheet and flatten it slightly with a fork.
7. Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden brown. If using 2 cookie sheets, shift racks halfway through the baking to ensure even browning.
8. Let the cookies cool on the sheets until they firm slightly. Then using a spatula carefully lift the cookies and transfer it to a cooling rack to cool completely.
***My tweaks to the recipe***
Replace butter with unsweetened apple sauce (do not heat on the stove)
Add 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips