Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Going Organic

In case you are new to the blog or you've been lurking for a while and haven't signed up...WELCOME!  September is all about GROWING!  I've added a few posts so far with growing tips and soil information.  I practice ONLY organic growing methods.  If any of the recommendations say "fertilize" I am referring to an organic method (preferably homemade).

Store-bought fertilizers, especially organic, can be very expensive and can be harmful to the environment for many reasons.  As far as the side-yard project goes, I have used homemade aged compost, dead leaves and freshly collected seaweed.  *Disclaimer*  The seaweed is not organic but it is natural and no animals where harmed in the process.  For more information on seaweed application check out the blog archives.

While I may not specify in every post, I highly recommend using recycled material as often as possible.  I'm on a budget, but more importantly I hate to waste anything!

I don't claim to be an expert on anything.  I am constantly learning new things in the garden and the kitchen...oh, and at work too!  While some have said I have way too much time on my hands to juggle the house, garden, work, the gym and the blog I smile and go back to my research.  I may have a bit more time on my hands than most because I don't waste hours in front of the TV.  In fact, I cancelled my cable months ago and I feel great!

The moral of this story?  Thanks for stopping by...Come back soon and let me know what you think!

Happy Planting!   -Mary

No comments: