Saturday, December 28, 2013

2014 Planting Guide: January Seed Starting for Southern California

Welcome to another informational post in our 2014 Planting Guide series!
Most people don't think about seed-starting in January.  If you live in warmer climates such as Florida and California, January is a great time to plant seeds!



We'd like to hear from YOU!  
What region / state are you in and what grows best for you?


http://www.facebook.com/pages/Marys-Heirloom-Seeds/229833070442449

Sign up for our E-Newsletter




6 comments:

Heidi's Wanderings said...

Oh, to live in a place where it was warm enough to start your gardening in January. Hope you have a great day.

Heidi’s Wanderings

AngieOuellette-Tower said...

Since I live in Michigan it's so strange to think about planting in January ;-)
Although my Kale is doing great in my hoop house!
Thank you for networking with us on the CLIMB!
Angie
godsgrowinggarden.com

Kim said...

I can't wait to get my garden started fresh this year (and I'm in Southern California). First, though I need a really good fence (no dogs or chickens this year!).

Thank you for the list, that's really helpful :)

Unknown said...

It's nice to hear about starting seeds in January, it's like a little reminder that Spring will eventually arrive even waaaay north of Southern CA!

Katherines Corner said...

A bit jealous as I look outside at the snow falling. Thank you for sharing and joining in the fun at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop. I am leaving some hugs on your blog

Vintage Whimsy Studio said...

Oh my! We are snowed in here in northern Indiana so it is quite a treat to think about planting a garden, sunshine, and warm weather. Stopping by from Katherine's Corner Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop. I'm "hopping" a bit behind schedule this week as our furnace went out so we've been shivering in the cold for a few days. But now it's back to business! Please stop by and visit me at www.mamaslittletreasures.com See you again soon!