Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Container Gardening

I am currently reading an interesting book about gardening in containers.  I checked it out of the library a few weeks ago.  I have enjoyed it SO MUCH that I'm thinking about buying it from Amazon.

The Vegetable Gardener's Container Bible by Edward C. Smith is very easy to read, easy direction to follow and includes many of the veggies I currently have in my own garden (and more).  I have been in need of inspiration lately.  Between the rain and gloomy weather, the uncertainty of the garden and a little extra work around the house I am taking a much needed break to sit down and plan a course of action.

I have had great success so far with lettuce and peppers growing in containers so it's about time I expanded my container garden.  After a weekend of transplanting, I currently have Pak Choi, Bell Peppers, Jalapeno Peppers, Little Gem Lettuce, Pimento Peppers, Hungarian Heart Tomato, Huckleberry and Red Burgundy Onion growing in containers.

Next weekend I hope to plant Spinach, German Giant Radish, more Little Gem Lettuce, and 5 Color Silverbeet Swiss Chard.

No comments: