Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Another gorgeous day in Florida!

It has finally cooled down in South Florida. It's 79 degrees!  The eggplants are finally blooming thanks to a tiny cold snap we had over the weekend. Woohoo!

Yesterday was a very busy day.  It was a friend's birthday so I made brownies using applesauce instead of oil.  Yum!  And during my lunch break I made my version of Texas Caviar. The recipe is so easy and keeps in the fridge for several days.  I use it to top eggs or brown rice or even eat it by itself.
Texas Caviar (My version)
While the recipe calls for canned items I actually use homemade items that I have either frozen or canned myself.

1 can Black Beans
1 can Whole Kernel Corn
1/2 a Red Onion, chopped
1 Red or Green Bell Pepper, chopped
1 Jalapeno, chopped
1 bunch Cilantro, chopped
2 Limes, squeezed.  Add only the juice.

No comments: