Monday, September 12, 2011

A Birthday and a Book Review

I had an awesome birthday weekend filled with friends, cocktails, dirt and books (not necessarily in that order). I can't forget about the chocolate cake, mainly because the leftovers in the fridge are calling me and because I'll have to get my butt to the gym an extra day this week.

As for the dirt, I managed to do a bit of gardening.  Well, mainly bug detail with a bit of digging.  Next year I'm going to limit the pumpkins to a section of the yard.  Twice I have had to remove them from the tomato cages and drag them back to the pumpkin patch.

I had a chance to relax and enjoy a good book this weekend.  I am almost through the third book in the "Dragon Tattoo" series by Stieg Larsson.  I absolutely enjoy the first book The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and promptly checked out the next book in the series from the library The Girl Who Played with Fire.  Now that I'm almost through the third book, The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest, I'm savoring each word as there is no fourth book (yet).  If you like action with a bit of mystery the Stieg Larsson books are great!

No comments: