Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Acorn Squash...MM MM Good!

Acorn Squash for dinner...Happy birthday to me!!!

Today a received a package from my sister with a beautiful wind chime and a homegrown acorn squash.  It must be my birthday!  I was so excited about trying another recipe that I cut it in half (no, the hubby cut it in half because I don't need an ER visit on our budget) and added proper seasoning and in the oven it went.
I found a great recipe online, of course and I've included it below.

SWEET and SPICY!
Acorn on the right : Sweet.  Acorn on the left: Spicy.

Sweet recipe:
1 tablespoon butter spread over acorn half
1 tablespoon brown sugar sprinkled over acorn half

Spicy recipe:
1 tablespoon butter spread over half acorn
1 pinch of sea salt sprinkled over acorn half
1 pinch of pepper sprinkled over acorn half
Paprika sprinkled over acorn half

Preheat the over to 375 degrees.  Add 1/4 inch of water to the bottom of the pan so the skin doesn't burn.  Cook for 50 minutes or until flesh is soft.

2 comments:

Audrey said...

This sounds good. My daughter roasted one using the sweet method and she said everyone loved it. I did not get to try it.
Blessings,
Audrey Z.

Unknown said...

Wow, I haven't heard of a spicy version. I will have to try this!