Tandoori Tilapia With Hearts of Palm
Sick of your same old fish? Try tilapia tonight! Chef Maneet Chauhan puts a healthy spin on this traditional Indian fare by using nonfat yogurt sauce—keeping the taste while cutting the calories!
- 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon minced jalapeño
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2-inch piece ginger, ground into a paste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tilapia fillets (about 4 oz each)
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 1 kiwifruit, peeled and diced
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 can (3 oz) hearts of palm, diced
- Juice of 1/2 lime, plus slices for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon canola oil
Whisk together marinade ingredients in a bowl. Place tilapia in marinade; turn to coat completely. Cover with plastic; refrigerate at least 1 hour.
Combine mango, kiwi, cucumber, hearts of palm and lime juice in a bowl. Season with salt. Mix gently. Heat a charcoal, gas or electric grill over high heat. Brush grill with canola oil. Remove tilapia from marinade; blot excess with a paper towel. , turning once, until cooked through, about 5 to 7 minutes. Garnish each fillet with 2/3 cup hearts of palm salad.