Sunday, June 29, 2014

Detoxing with Diatomaceous Earth

Have you read my older article "Do You Eat Dirt? and Why You Should"?  It was a good one.  My husband calls Diatomaceous Earth "dirt."  We consume Food Grade DE on a regular basis for health reasons.


From Natural News, "Diatomaceous earth (DE) is a naturally occurring rock made from the skeletons of fossilized diatoms, a type of hard-shelled algae. When ground into a fine powder, diatomaceous earth works mechanically to destroy a wide range of pests, insects, parasites and pathogens by cutting through the exoskeleton, absorbing bodily fluids and causing them to die. Food grade diatomaceous earth is chemical-free and non toxic."

"Add diatomaceous earth to your diet to detox parasites that can contribute to food intolerance, nausea, bowel discomfort, pain, itching, asthma, sinus infections, Morgellon's disease, and a host of other allergic-type reactions.

DE detoxes mercury, cadmium, lead and other heavy metals; removes poisons from chemtrails, radiation and may alleviate the effects of GMOs. DE possesses antibacterial, anti-fungal and antiviral properties.

In addition to detoxing and destroying pathogens, diatomaceous earth helps to lower blood pressure and contributes to the production of collagen to improve skin tone, strengthening the tendons and joints."

Consume only FOOD GRADE Diatomaceous Earth.  Never consume industrial grade DE which is what people use in their swimming pools.

From Melissa at Integrative Nutritional Therapies, "What I love most about DE is that it acts just like a scrubbing tool inside your digestive tract and then breaks down and helps absorb all your toxins."

Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth is available at Mary's Heirloom Seeds.

Dosage for Humans
1/2 teaspoon for adults for the first week in the a.m. with a large glass of water. After week one slowly ramp up to 1 teaspoon, then after the second week, ramp up to 1 Tablespoon with a full 8 ounces of water per day, preferably on an empty stomach. Be sure to stir your mixture consistently as DE tends to settle to bottom of glass. Consistency is key for true results, plan to use for 30 days.

Diatomaceous Earth for Weight Loss
Our bodies produce natural toxins and we inhale or consume others on a day to day basis. Accumulation of these toxins in the body tends to slow down digestion and promotes the production of cholesterol in the body. The toxins are stored in our fat cells and make it very difficult for us to lose weight. Several studies have also linked the accumulation of toxins to weight gain.

These studies found that toxins decrease our body’s ability to burn fat which is why it is important to detoxify. Weight loss using Diatomaceous Earth is possible thanks to its detoxifying effects. 

DE has been the easiest way for me to detox.  I don't have to consume 20 pills a day or drink only liquids for a week.  All I have to do is drink my "dirt" every morning before I drink my coffee or eat breakfast.  That's it!  Would you like to Detox with Diatomaceous Earth?  Go get some!
FDA Disclaimer
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. But really, the FDA approved GMOs so do I really care about their approval? Nope!


http://www.facebook.com/pages/Marys-Heirloom-Seeds/229833070442449

Sign up for our E-Newsletter



12 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Thanks for that bit of info.

Mary Smith said...

You're very welcome! I hope you enjoyed my article. Happy Sunday!

Ashley @ www.growpraybuild.com said...

Huh! Never knew this. Very interesting. I just bought a big tub of food grade DE for my garden (worked like a charm on root maggots). Might have to give detoxing with it a shot.

Bobbi @ 3GLOL said...

This is so weird. I had gotten some of this awhile back for pest control. Then came across a recipe which contained Diatomaceous Earth for my pets...with many benefits other than killing fleas. And just yesterday was talking to my daughter and she was telling me that us humans can benefit as well. I kinda grossed out and told her I'd have to research it first...and here you are. Crazy right.
I am really considering using it if I can get over the fact it has properties that destroy the shells on bugs.
Can you take it any other way?

Sweet Woodruff said...

I know this to be true. We've been giving DE to our pets for almost 20 years and just this spring started taking it myself. It made me feel TERRIBLE the first day (die off or detoxing, whatever), but it didn't bother me any more after that. It does help. I swear by it.

Deborah Davis said...

Hi Mary,
I am so delighted to read that Diatomaceous Earth is excellent for detoxification as well as weight loss. I am looking forward to trying this soon. Thank you so much for sharing this satisfying and delicious recipe at the Plant-Based Potluck Party Blog Hop! I appreciate it!

Gentle Joy said...

We use the DE in our Kefir Smoothies - goes down easy w/ no taste or texture. Thank you for posting this.

Antionette Blake said...

Never knew this, just DE for the pool.

Mary Smith said...

Just to be clear, this article states to use FOOD GRADE Diatomaceous Earth. NEVER use "industrial" DE.

Unknown said...

I just recently started taking DE recently, love this article and I'm sharing with my readers on Facebook. I also chose it as my favorite for our From the Farm blog hop, thanks for linking up!

Unknown said...

You stated that the detoxification is for 30 days. How often should it be done? Also, for weight loss, how long should the process be for? Just trying to get some direction; love your site and products!

Mary Smith said...

Noemi, I use DE on a regular basis. About every 4-6 weeks I take a week or 2 off but then go right back to once or twice daily.
Hope this helps!