Greek Salad Pita Pocket4 servings (serving size: 2 pita halves)
- 1 cup chopped Romaine lettuce
- 3 ounces Feta cheese crumbled
- 1 cup seeded and chopped cucumbers
- 1 cup chopped red peppers
- 1 cup chopped green peppers
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 pita rounds
Combine first 7 ingredients in a large bowl and gently toss with your hands to combine. In a small bowl, combine the dressing ingredients, whisk together and add salt and pepper to taste. Pour the dressing over the top of the mixed salad and toss again to combine. Cut the pita rounds in half and fill each half with the dressed salad mixture.
TIP: Make this lunch more hearty by tossing in a handful of canned, drained chickpeas.