- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (4 ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 cubes chicken bouillon
- 2 (12 ounce) cans garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons dried sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Cook the mushrooms, garlic, celery, and onion in the olive oil 3 to 5 minutes. Add the water and bouillon; cook and stir until the bouillon is dissolved.
- Combine the garbanzo beans, egg, sage, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Mash together with your hands until thoroughly mixed; stir in the vegetable mixture; transfer to the prepared baking dish. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in preheated oven 30 minutes; remove the foil and bake uncovered another 10 to 15 minutes.