|My mom and I used several kitchen gadgets to make her famous Karat Cake!|
So far I've shared
Today I'm sharing a few of my favorite Kitchen Gadgets and a few that might be on my wishlist for 2015.
The info below contains affiliate links. If you choose to purchase using my links I might make a small commission. Every little bit helps!
My absolute favorite item in my kitchen is the BREAD MAKER!
This one makes 1, 1 1/2 and 2 pounds loaves AND comes with recipes & measuring cups!
Cuisinart BMKR-200PC Fully Automatic Compact Bread Maker, 2-Pound
- Removable bread pan and kneading paddle
- 12 pre-programmed menu options; 3 crust colors; 3 loaf sizes - 1, 1-1/2, and 2 pounds
- 13-hour delay start timer; 15-minute pause; bake-only option
- LCD display; removable lid with viewing window
- Includes measuring cup, measuring spoon and instruction/recipe book
At the top of my wishlist is a Food Processor!
Hamilton Beach 10 Cup Food Processor with Compact Storage
- Chop onions, mix sauces, grate cheese, shred cabbage, prepare pesto or slice salad ingredients in seconds
- Powerful 500-Watts
- Large feed tube fits a whole block of cheese
- Reversible slice and shred discs and chopping blade are included
- Lid flips over for compact storage to save cabinet space
Another favorite kitchen appliance is my Blender! I use it almost daily!
Oster 6878-042 Core 16-Speed Blender with Glass Jar, Black
- Oster brushed chrome blender
- Powerful motor
- 16 different speeds
- Food processor attachment
- Counter-worthy design
Another gadget on my "wishlist" is a new Convection Oven!
Mine died a while ago and since it's so warm here in Florida, I try to avoid using the oven during the summer if possible.
Black & Decker CTO6335S Stainless Steel Countertop Convection Oven
- Extra-large digital display
- Preset one-touch functions
- Fits a 12-inch pizza or large casserole
- 120-Minute Timer
- Removable crumb tray
My "go-to" gadget is an Immersion Blender! I love it! Using an Immersion Blender saves me the trouble of using the blender for making small batch stuff and I can place the blender end in the freezer when I make whipped cream.
Cuisinart CSB-79 Smart Stick 2-Speed 200-watt Immersion Hand Blender with Attachments
- Brushed stainless steel housing with embossed Cuisinart logo
- Includes blending, whisk, and chopper/grinder attachment
- Also includes 16-ounce mixing/measuring beaker
- Powerful 200-watt motor
- Push-button control for continuous or pulse action; comfort grip handle
I've been dreaming about Dehydrators! At the moment I don't have the space or the harvest for one. However, in the near future we will be expanding our garden and this will definitely be a hot item in my kitchen!
There are small and large dehydrators available. I'll share a few!
Nesco FD-80A Square-Shaped Dehydrator Amazon Frustration-Free Packaging
- Easy-to-use dehydrator for drying fruit, vegetables, herbs, and jerky
- Air-circulation system ensures fast, even drying; no need to rotate trays
- Adjustable thermostat; printed guidelines on motor housing
- Bale handle; dishwasher-safe parts; instruction manual
- Ships in Certified Frustration-Free Packaging
- Adjustable thermostat
- Bale handle dishwasher safe parts instruction manual
Waring Pro DHR30 Professional Dehydrator
- 5 stackable, interlocking trays
- Fruit roll-up sheet included
- Adjustable temperature: off, fan only, lo, medium, and hi
- Great for beef jerky, dried fruits and herbs
- New fan system promoting better air flow
Excalibur 2400 4-Tray Economy Dehydrator, Black
- 4-tray dehydrator, 4 square feet of drying space
- Economy model performs like larger models, but has no frills
- Starter - great way to try dehydrating
- Includes adjustable thermostat
- Easy to clean polyscreen tray inserts
Excalibur 3900B 9 Tray Deluxe Dehydrator, Black
- 9-Tray dehydrator, 15 square feet of drying space
- Built in on/off switch, 110 Volts
- Great for large families and gardens
- Includes adjustable thermostat
- Easy to clean Polyscreen tray inserts
I find that having the right tools in the kitchen makes cooking from scratch much easier. Most of these appliances cut down on prep time or hands-on time in the kitchen. Did you find anything you like?