Soap-Making can be an involved process requiring special tools and ingredients. I like to keep it simple.
I have used several methods for making soap. The first time I made soap I purchased melt and pour soap as a base.
1. Chop up M&P soap
2. Melt in a double boiler (or microwave)
3. Add essential oils
4. Pour into prepared mold
After a few hours in the fridge, or overnight on a counter, the soap is ready to be released and packaged.
Another option for making soap is using ready-made soap such as Ivory or Dr. Bronner's bar soaps.
1/4 cup Water
Dried and pulverized Herbs
Approx 2 cups shredded bar soap
Double boiler or Large glass bowl
**It is not necessary to use both herbs and essential oils.
1. Pour boiling water over herbs.
2. Add 5 or 6 drops of essential oil.
3. Bring to a boil, stirring regularly.
4. Remove from heat and add shredded soap.
5. Mix well and let stand for 15 minutes.
6. Divide the mixture into several small balls or pour into prepared molds.
7. After a few hours in the fridge, or overnight on a counter, the soap is ready to be released and packaged.
There are recipes all over the internet for both Melt and Pour or Made from Scratch soaps. Happy Soaping!